Aptara Managing Editors and Production Editors tackle all of the same tasks that you perform in-house, or assign to a trusted freelancer, to give you peace of mind while eliminating the need to hire, train and support these positions.
We have Managing Editors and Production Editors in onshore and offshore locations to accommodate your budget and your preferences.
Whether you can’t justify a full-time position, or simply don’t want to manage these editorial tasks in-house, Aptara’s per-page pricing model delivers greater cost and scale efficiencies.
We also offer copy editing, typesetting, and digital production, that when combined for a full-service offering provide maximum cost benefits.
Managing & Production Editors:
- communicate with authors, journal editors, copyeditors and typesetting vendors to ensure a smooth production process
- maintain the annual page budget and create the book/journal schedule
- check copyediting and layout for general style elements
- validate that forms are complete and maintained - color forms, copyright transfer, etc.
- interact with your database or workflow management system as necessary
- correspond with authors and editors to request late or missing material – is persistent with non-responsive authors
- oversee the layout of articles, ads, and other content; lines up the issue and prepares the TOC
- email page proofs to authors and editors; receives and reviews corrected proofs
- confirm that all corrections are properly implemented
- ensure complete and accurate deliveries to your printer, online hosting platforms, and other vendors
- produce status reports for the editorial office and maintain records of all correspondence
- other tasks customized to your operations’ needs
- Stability during editorial and board transitions
- Cost savings
- Shorter production schedules