Summary Decision: Millions of Depositions Processed 24/7/365
America’s largest court reporting company offers sophisticated technical services that include realtime reporting, language interpretation, text and video streaming, and videoconferencing.
To help its law ﬁrm clients control costs, the company wanted to begin offering deposition summary services and looked to an outside source of legal experts to process huge volumes of client depositions.
Aptara’s team of attorneys and paralegals designed and instituted a formal process for providing quality deposition summaries that would withstand scrutiny and audits:
- each deposition is read multiple times before it’s summarized
- testimonies are always summarized—never evaluated
- summaries are drafted in concise, wellwritten English, and formatted in either standard digest forms or custom formats
- summaries can be delivered via multiple mediums, including PC, tablet, smartphone, CD, and hard copy
- strict quality control ensures accuracy in content, format, and length
- secure ﬁle transmission protects conﬁdentiality
- ﬁxedcost services are billed by the page, regardless of the complexity of the testimony
- summaries are prepared and delivered within 24 hours, 365 days a year
In less than a year, Aptara’s legal outsourcing teams helped make the company into the nation’s largest provider of deposition summaries, with more than 150 depositions summarized daily.
Aptara’s deposition summary services are signiﬁcantly less costly than handling the work inhouse and have set the company apart from its competition with a valuable new offering that enhances its customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Freed from managing deposition summaries inhouse, this company’s clients are able to refocus their time on highervalue core legal work while enjoying improved case continuity.