To support publishers in handling Open Access (OA) business models, Aptara has combined 30+ years of STM publishing expertise with SaaS-based technology and a robust collections system to create SciPrisTM, an online APC tool that seamlessly connects with peer review, production, and AR systems to streamline the calculation and collection of any publishing fee (OA, color, page, submission, etc.).
The SciPrisTM platform was built on the premise that every publisher’s OA/APC program is unique, and, as such, Aptara’s approach is to standardize the core functionality relevant to most publishers while allowing each implementation to be customized. With SciPrisTM, publishers can connect with authors, institutes, and funders to accurately fast-track revenue collection and facilitate Creative Commons license selection.
key features of SciPrisTM
Some Of The Key Features Of SciPrisTM are:
- Captures rich metadata from peer review and production systems to drive critical reporting
- Utilizes various identification systems to track users (ORCID, GRID, ROR, Ringgold, FundRef, ISNI, others)
- Applies publisher-specific business rules to identify user discounts and waivers based on affiliation, membership, country of origin, and any other data point
- Handles tier-pricing based on transformative agreements and deals
- Maintains institutional drawdown accounts, including the application of credits and debits, and notifications when a minimum threshold is met
- Handles multiple currencies adjusted daily to current market rates, and an automated VAT tax calculation engine
- Processes credit card, wire transfer, check payments, and other digital wallets (PayPal, etc.) via PCI-compliant gateway
- Includes a publisher-view portal with comprehensive, customized reports for downloading in required formats
- Supports user and publisher inquires via an Aptara-staffed HelpDesk available during the hours required via email, chat, and phone