Creating a Legal Database App for LexisNexis
LexisNexis, the largest provider of computer-assisted legal research services, has been publishing directories for attorneys and law firms since 1868. These industry-leading hardbound—and more recently Internet-based—directories have allowed lawyers and consumers of legal services to quickly and easily find the right legal professional to handle any matter.
LexisNexis’s Lawyers.com, a fundamental industry resource, profiles over one million lawyers and law firms.
Faced with widespread access to legal information, an increasingly mobile reliant audience, and a need to fully engage that audience, LexisNexis wanted an app to extend Lawyers.com’s utility to smart phones and tablets.
Aptara designed and developed an app that allows users to:
- Search for a lawyer by name, legal specialization, and/or location manually or via a geo-locator
- Save search history
- View exclusive Lawyers.com ratings
- Send an email or call a law firm or lawyer with just one touch
- Find the lawyer’s office on a map
- Get driving directions to the lawyer’s office
- Access complete lawyer and law firm profiles, including background checks
- Share lawyers’ profiles with your contacts
With the Lawyers.com app, lawyers and consumers can search for information on thousands of lawyers whenever or wherever they need to. The app
- is a one-stop shop for researching, identifying, and communicating with attorneys, and
- drives significant traffic to Lawyers.com and other LexisNexis websites, and
- enhances the perception of LexisNexis as high-tech, consumer-friendly brand.